“Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso”, or “Your Lie in April” is a manga written by Naoshi Arakawa, a japanese manga artist. “Your Lie in April” is about a 14-year-old pianist named Arima Kousei who has been playing piano since he was very little. He was taught to play by his mom who was also a pianist. One day, Kousei’s mom got sick and he promised to play his best for his mom. His mom started abusing and mistreating Kousei because she wanted him to play his best for her. One day, Kousei’s mother died. Some time later after the death of Kousei’s mother, he was playing piano in a competition and he just randomly stopped being able to hear the notes to the piano. He described it as “I’m at the bottom of the ocean. I can’t hear the notes! They’re fading away!” Back to the present. One day, Kousei met a girl at the park named Kaori Miyazono who turns out to be a violinist. A good violinist to be specific who was participating in a violin competition. I also forgot to mention that Kousei had to friends who are both jocks and all-stars. A softball player named Tsubaki Sawabe and a soccer player named Watari Ryota. Kaori was also a fan of Watari and wanted to meet him. They then hurried to the competition. When Kaori started playing, Kousei was amazed. Some time later, Kousei and Kaori become some sort of dynamic duo with Kaori playing violin and Arima accompanying her on piano. Who knows what these people have waiting for them ahead. This is a book/manga that I have been meaning to read.